x3270 is an IBM 3270 terminal emulator for
the X Window System and Windows.
It runs on most Unix-like operating systems -- e.g., Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris
and Cygwin. It also runs natively on Windows.
x3270 runs over
a TELNET connection, emulating either an IBM 3279 (color) or 3278 (monochrome).
It does not yet support graphics.
x3270 is distributed as source code, and
can be used for free.
- The full TN3270E protocol
- SSL/TLS (via the OpenSSL library) for encrypted sessions
- APL2 characters
- Non-English character sets, including Russian, Turkish, Hebrew and
DBCS Chinese and Japanese
- IND$FILE file transfer
- NVT mode (emulating a color xterm)
- A pop-up keypad for 3270-specific keys
- A scrollbar
- Printer session integration
- Extensive debugging and scripting facilities
x3270 is available in several different
Also available is x026, an IBM 026 Keypunch
- x3270 is for use on
an X graphics display
- c3270 is a curses-based version
for use on a dumb terminal (e.g., a serial terminal or
a Linux console)
- wc3270 is the Windows console version of
- s3270 is a displayless version
for writing screen-scraping scripts
- ws3270 is the native Windows version of
- tcl3270 is similar to
s3270, but integrated
- pr3287 is for printer
- wpr3287 is the native Windows version of
Comments and questions about x3270 should
be directed to Paul Mattes.
||Stable version 3.4ga10 released.
3.5alpha2 released for Alpha testing.
||x3270 source repository switched from Subversion to Git. x029 placed in
a separate repository. x3270if .NET DLL (not released) committed into its